Soul Food

Music speaks to my soul in ways that nothing else can. I find that what I listen to depends entirely on my mood and whatever season of life I'm in. Sometimes it's the melody that matches my internal emotions and thoughts and at others it's the lyrics. Sometimes both will line up perfectly into a goosebump-inducing musical therapy session. And when I'm in a particularly good mood, I just want to rock out because it's fun.

These are just a few of the songs that are feeding me at the moment:

My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit
I should just copy and paste the entire song lyrics here because I relate to every word.  How about instead you just give them a listen.  Plus, I'm totally digging their earthy, hippie vibe.



Mother and Father by Broods
"I don’t want to wake up lonely
I don’t want to just be fine
I don't want to keep on hoping
Forget what I have in mind"



Pieces by Andrew Belle
I'm obsessed with his entire album.  I can't. Stop. Listening.  His music does beautiful things to my soul.  Ok, I'll be honest—it turns me on.  Seriously.
"Well I love you, I love you
And all of your pieces"

Comments

Popular Posts